About Online Divorce
How does Online Divorce work?
If you believe that you are ready to Apply for a Divorce, please complete our online application form. This has all the help and information that you need to make your application via our site.
In order to keep your costs as low as possible, we have developed this online system where all correspondence and contact is via email which will be responded to as soon as possible.
We ask that you help keep your costs down by only corresponding via email.
There are also several documents that we will require you to provide us once your application has been finalized by us, these copies will have to be certified by a Justice of the Peace and forwarded to us.
Immediately upon receipt of your Online Application as well as the payment of our flat rate professional fee in the amount of $800.00 including GST we will:
- Prepare a draft Divorce Application on your behalf;
- Forward a copy back to you for your approval, and if accepted, execution;
- File the application on your behalf once you have returned it to us with all necessary requirements fulfilled;
- Serve a sealed copy of the Application on your spouse once it has been returned from the court (1 attempt on 1 address only included in this price);
- File an Affidavit of service with the court on your behalf confirming the above;
- Advise you as to the proposed hearing date of your application and provide you with sealed copies of all relevant documents;
- PLEASE NOTE: Attendance at the hearing on your behalf is NOT included in this price, however you have the option of using our services (within the Sydney Metropolitan Area) for a guaranteed flat fee of $850.00 including GST.
A common misapprehension of the public is that a Divorce finalizes and deals with all issues between the parties. This is wrong.
In plain English, a Divorce simply allows a party to dissolve their marriage and get remarried.
There are certain requirements that must be meet prior to a Divorce being granted, one of which is that the parties must be separated for a continuous period of 12 months prior to the application being made.
It is possible to live under the same roof and still be separated (this is called separation under the one roof). This can happen if you and your spouse had decided the marriage was over and were living independently from each other. For example, if you no longer shared the usual activities of marriage such as sex, eating meals together, performing domestic services for each other, sharing finances and going out together.
What are the costs involved?
Our aim is to provide you with quality service from professional and qualified solicitors without the need of face to face contact or lengthy inconvenient solicitor appointments.
We guarantee the quality and service of our firm and at all times we have your best interests at heart.
Our fees for this service are also guaranteed at a Flat Rate, no hidden extras, no hidden disbursements, all our terms and conditions are right here in black and white, so you know exactly how much you will have to pay.
The costs involved in your application are as follows:
- Online divorce application fee $800.00 This fee is non refundable once you have submitted your online application
- Court Filing fee for application $845.00 Payable unless exemption or concession applies. Refer to web-site, subject to change by the court.
- Optional Solicitor attendance at hearing of application $850.00 Refundable only if cancelled 1 month prior to hearing date
- Extra Affidavits or Service issues $POA
- Appearance or attendance at hearing outside Sydney $POA
- We note that you will also be charged a small Paypal Service fee of $30.00 once you have submitted your final application.