Download & Information
Downloads And Information
Family Law (Fees) Regulation 2012. Section 2.06 provides that a person may be eligible for an exemption or concession on fees:
If you are an individual, you will not have to pay a fee if you
- have been granted Legal Aid
- hold a health care card
- hold a pensioner concession card
- hold a Commonwealth seniors health card
- hold another card issued by the Department of Family and Community Services or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- are an inmate of a prison or are otherwise lawfully detained
- are a child under the age of 18 years
- are in receipt of Youth Allowance or Austudy or
- are receiving benefit under ABSTUDY.
Online Divorce Information
Fee exemption, waiver and refund
In some cases fees do not have to be paid.
A Registrar may waive the payment of a fee if, having regard to your income, day-to-day living expenses, liabilities and assets, he or she is satisfied that payment of the fee would cause you financial hardship. Get started with the 5 page application form by clicking here.